Create a Parent Page or Folder
Dynamic pages listed within a site’s navigation must be contained within a parent folder or page.
- If you do not already have a parent folder or page, create one now. Click on Pages in the side menu.
- Click the New Page button.
- You may create a page or folder as the parent item. In our example, we’ll select folder.
- Name the folder and click Add Page.
Adding Dynamic Pages to Navigation
Now that you have a parent folder or page, you need to add Dynamic Pages as subpages.
- In the pages menu, locate your dynamic page. If you haven’t built a dynamic page, do that now. See our Creating Dynamic Pages documentation for more info.
- Click the gear icon to access settings.
- Select “Hide/Show in Navigation,, then “Show on All.”
- In the “Add page items as subpages of” field, select the parent folder or page.
- The next selection will allow us to choose the page title that will be displayed in the submenu of the parent item. In your collection, you should have a field name set to page_title or similar.
- Select the field name you would like to use. In our Featured Homes example, we’ll select “listing_title.”
- Click Save details.
And that’s it! Your dynamic pages will be displayed in your site nav in a submenu of the parent item.
For a complete overview and video tutorial of Dynamic Pages, check out our 5-part video series: