Marketplaces are a good place to promote your products outside of your own site. Shopzilla is a comparison-shopping site allows users to search for specific products from different merchants. This marketplace, available in United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and France provides a marketplace for all merchants to offer goods and includes comparison shopping, ratings, and reviews.
Note: this feature is only available with our Ecommerce Pro plan.
Open up your store, click “All Sales Channels,” then “Marketplaces.”
Select the Shopzilla icon. Under the Settings tab you can set parameters.
- Marketplace Category: Pick the category that best represents your products; this is where your items will be shown.
- Product Condition: If you’re selling brand new products, simply select “new.”
- Feed Link: This is a link to the product file you need for Shopzilla and is generated automatically, as well as updated every 12 hours. You can use this link in Shopzilla; simply download this file and load it into your Shopzilla account.
Shopzilla Merchant Account Setup
To finish setting up this marketplace, first create a Merchant account.
Login to Business Services, click on “Manage Listings – Submit Inventory,” and click “Programmatic Upload through FTP.”
You can then download the feed specs, browse to “Establish a Delivery Location” and select, “Use my delivery location.”
Set the following values:
- Type: http
- Domain: app.ecwid.com
- Path: /product_feed/[STORE_ID]/shopzilla/
- File: [the name of the file that you downloaded in your control panel (Feed Link]
Note: you can find your Store ID by opening your store and looking at the bottom left corner of any page.
Submit this, located “upload your feed to the location” and select “Done.” Check the feed for any errors and process.
The marketplace is now set up; you can make adjustments through your Shopzilla account: add balance, place bids, and launch a campaign.