In this document, we’ll cover the process of adding a new mailbox. This process will create a new email account with its own mail services, such as email address, inbox, etc.
Adding a New Mailbox
- To get to your project’s emails, open your project from the dashboard (this can be done by hovering over the project and then clicking Manage Project).
- From the project screen you will see the Email section. To add a new mailbox click the orange +Add Mailbox button.
- Fill out the form for the new mailbox, including the account name and password.
- Select the mailbox type: Standard or Forward.
- Click the Add Mailbox button at the bottom. Your new mailbox will be created and listed under your domain.
- Repeat this process as needed for additional mail accounts.
Sending Access Details to Clients
- After creating a new mailbox, you may need to send access details to your client. To do this, you will need to provide the client the email address and password you assigned when creating the email, at which point the client will then be able to use that information to log in to the Webmail.
- Once in the Webmail, they can change/update their password by navigating to Settings > Password > Change Password.
- While the client is in the settings changing their password, it is also strongly recommended that they also setup their Password Recovery options (SMS and or Email) via Settings > Password Recovery. This will allow them to reset their password should they need to in the future.
- To access Webmail for a mailbox, click the “Open Webmail” button in the top right corner of the Email section of the project.
- You will now need to sign into your Webmail. The login information is the same as what was entered in the Add Mailbox pop-up window in the section above.
- Once logged in, you will see your email inbox.
- Your Webmail has similar capabilities that you would find with an email service such as Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail.
- There are extensive options and settings available for your mailbox. Click the Help button in the Webmail sidebar menu to access the Webmail documentation.
Accessing Email with Mail Clients (Outlook, Mac Mail, iPhone, etc)
You or your client may want to access their mailbox using a mail client such as Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, iPhone, Android or Thunderbird. Our documentation for setting up Email Clients provides the configuration settings needed to set up mail clients, and also offers downloadable unbranded PDF guides for setting up a variety of mail apps and devices – great for sending to clients!