Setting up password recovery is crucial. If password recovery is not set up, there will not be an option to reset the password at the login screen. If you have been locked out and have not set up password recovery, it can only be reset by the email administrator. In this documentation, we’ll show you how to set up a password recovery and reset your password. To view our complete library of email documentation, go here: https://app.wocode.com/categories/email/
Setting Up Password Recovery
- Click the Open Webmail button in your email dashboard. Or go to https://mail.hostedemail.com/
- Log in to Webmail (this login uses the email address and password that was created for the mailbox in the email dashboard).
- Click Settings in the sidebar menu.
- Select Password Recovery.
- You will now set a recovery email address or SMS phone number. The process is very similar for both.
- Enter your recovery email address or SMS phone number.
- Enter your current password in the password field.
- Click Save.
- A token will be sent to the phone number or email you’ve entered. Copy the token and paste it into the Response Token field. This process is required in order to validate the provided phone number or email.
- Click Save.
- You will see a green success notification message in the bottom right corner, confirming that your password recovery has been updated.
- You’ve now properly set up password recovery. If the wrong password is entered at Webmail login, an option to “Reset your password” will now appear. The recovery email or SMS phone number entered in the process above will be used in the password recovery.
Resetting a Password
If password recovery information has been saved as described above, a password reset option will be available at login if the password has been forgotten. To reset a password:
- Ensure that the steps above in the “Setting Up a Password Recovery” have been completed.
- Click the “Reset your password” link on the Webmail login screen.
- Select your password recovery method: email or SMS. The option listed in this window will be the same as entered in the Password Recovery process above.
- A recovery token will be sent to your email or SMS phone number.
- Enter your recovery token, as well as a new password.
To learn more about email services, check out our complete email walkthrough and tutorial: