- Create copies of our sample spreadsheet templates, that you update with your own content.
- Change connection to your own existing collections.
- Delete the sample collections and connect to your own.
Detailed descriptions of these options can be found below within this document.
The Heights template uses our Search widget on the home page. This widget provides a great way for searching the dynamic content – in this case, real estate listings.
Our Search widget uses spreadsheets for all of the search data, similar to the way that Dynamic Pages serve content in the Heights template. This being the case, the spreadsheet you use to feed content to your website can also feed search data to your search widget! Please see our Search widget documentation for more information.
Create copies of our sample templatesOur site uses three spreadsheets to serve content to various widgets throughout the Heights template (one Google Sheet and two Airtables). Nearly the entire template is fed dynamically by these three spreadsheets. If you wish to use these spreadsheets yourself, you will need to first make copies.
- Go to File > Make a copy
- Click “Copy base” in the top right corner of the page
- Note that you may need to sign up for Airtable if you do not already have an account.
Change ConnectionBy default, the Heights template uses connections to three collections: Listings, Neighborhoods and Customer Reviews. These collections are linked to a Google Sheet and two Airtables. As you customize the template, you will need to change the connection on various widgets to your own collections.
- Click on a widget to open the widget menu.
- Most widget options will be unavailable while it is connected to a collection. To change the connection, click the “Change Connection” link.
- This will open a new window that allows you to select a new collection.
- Select your collection. If you haven’t created your own collection, you will need to do so first. See our Dynamic Pages – Creating and Managing Collections document for details on creating a new collection.
If you would prefer to get rid of all default collections, you may delete them. We left these collections in place so that they continue to feed content and display properly. When you delete the collections, you can re-link the same widgets with your own collections.
- Click Content in the side menu.
- Click Collections.
- Click the gear icon next to a collection. Select “Delete collection.”
For a complete overview and video tutorial of Dynamic Pages, check out our 5-part video series: