Note: Media Drive is currently in beta testing
The Without Code Media Drive provides large scale file storage and management. Stored files may be used for self-hosted videos, populating photo galleries and much more. Files are delivered lightning-fast, and can be used anywhere across the web, in any service or builder.
In this article, we’ll look at file types, organization using folders, and moving files with the copy command.
The following file types are supported in Media Drive:
Files may be uploaded individually, or in bulk (in any combination of the listed formats). Click the “Upload File” to open the uploader.
COPYING AND MOVING FILES
Files may be copied and moved to other folders.
To Copy a File:
- Select the files to be copied. Multiple files may be selected by clicking in the checkboxes next to the file names. To select all files, click the checkbox above the list (this checkbox can also be used to deselect all).
- Click the Copy Selected Items button.
- A new window will appear, with additional options.
- Choose the destination folder.
- You may double click the folder name to access its subfolders.
- The selected destination folder will be shown below.
- If no folder is selected, files will be copied to the root.
- Click the Copy button to move the files.
- The files will now exist in both locations – the destination folder and the source folder.
To Move a File:
- Repeat the steps above, but begin by clicking the Move button.
- After selecting the destination folder in the pop-up window, click Move.
- The files that have been moved will only exist in the destination folder.
Folders are used to organize files in Media Drive. Think of Media Drive folders just as you would folders in your computer’s operating system. Folders can be created anywhere – even within other folders.
To begin creating folders, click the “Create Folder” button.
- Give the folder a name. Names may only contain letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores. Spaces are not allowed.
- As you create folders, they will be displayed in a list, just like files. In fact, files and folders will be displayed in the same list if files are present.
- To create a folder within a folder, simply enter a folder and create a new folder.
- As you navigate folders in Media Drive, the navigation bar will display breadcrumbs in relation to your location. You may click on the navigation bar to move up one level, or multiple levels.
Note: folders cannot be copied or moved.