The Without Code Media Drive provides large scale file storage and management. Stored files may be used for self-hosted videos, populating photo galleries and much more. Files are delivered lightning-fast, and can be used anywhere across the web, in any service or builder.
In this article, we’ll look at an overview of the Media Drive interface.
Note: Access to Media Drive is available to the Without Code account owner only. CMS users are not able to access Media Drive at this time.
Let’s take a look at the options in the top menu (left to right).
- Search Storage: As you might expect, the search allows you to quickly find files and folders pertaining to your search terms.
- Upload File: Use this button to add single files, or files in bulk. Supported file types include: jpg, jpeg, png, svg, webp, mp4, m4v, mov, webm, ogv, mp3, wav, csv, txt, xls, xlsx, doc, docx, pdf, zip, js, css, html and gpx. You may drag and drop files into the window, or use the upload from computer link.
- Create Folder: This option allows you to create a folder. Folders may be used to organize files. Folders can be created inside of folders for more extensive organization.
On the far-right end of the top menu, you will see three icons. Hovering over each icon will reveal its function.
- Storage Details: This displays information including the amount of storage you’ve used, your total storage capacity, and your Storage ID. Additionally, you may refresh storage (this refreshes all files to the current state) and access documentation.
- Filter By Type: This allows you to include or exclude file types in the list such as video, audio, images, etc.
- List Options: This allows you to set the number of items to display on the page.
All the files in your Media Drive are displayed in a list.
Each list item contains several details.
- File Name: When a file is added to Media Drive, its name is appended with a unique code. The code is used to create direct links and specify files uniquely. If you click on a file name, the file will be previewed in a lightbox (previews depend on file type).
- File Size: Displays the size of the file.
- Date: This is the date and time that the file was added to Media Drive.
- Type: Displays the file type. File types are automatically determined based on the file extension (.jpg, .mov, mp3, etc.).
On the far-right side of the file details, you will find four icons:
- Copy Link: This copies a direct link to the file. This is very useful when you need to use the file in a widget, gallery or third party services. This direct link can be entered into a browser URL field to verify or preview.
- Download: This downloads the file.
- Info: This provides detailed information on the file.
- Delete: This deletes the file.
There are a few additional options we’ll cover. These options are on the main Media Drive interface, and are useful for staying organized.
- Navigation Breadcrumbs: As you move from folder to folder, the navigation will display your location within Media Drive. Breadcrumbs show which folder you are in, even when you are viewing folders within folders.
- Lightbox View: This option allows you to view all files within the active list inside of a lightbox. Once you enable the lightbox, file previews are shown in a slideshow format – allowing you to advance through files using the previous and next buttons. Press the “X” close button to close the lightbox at any time.
- Refresh: The refresh button allows you to refresh your file list without refreshing the browser page. This is useful when moving files to another folder using the copy command, or other situations where you would like to confirm changes.