Our suite of SEO widgets provide the necessities to take advantage of a wide range of excellent Google search engine optimization tools – from analytics, to marketing, to social media. Begin the steps toward building a solid SEO foundation for your site today!
Note: This tutorial video is an introduction to the SEO Widget pack. A more detailed series of videos explaining each widget is planned for the future.
The SEO Widget Pack consists of several separate widgets. These widgets are listed separately in your widget library – look for the widgets beginning with “SEO…”. Each widget performs a different function. You can use as many or as few widgets as you like.
Placement of the widgets is important. In most cases, the SEO widgets should be placed in the header or footer of a site. Placement in the header or footer acts as a global placement, that will apply their functionality to all pages of your site. Placement into the header or footer may be done from any page on your site.
The exception to this is the Rich Results widgets. These widgets contain information specific to articles and products. These widgets should be placed in the body of the page in which you intend to apply their functionality. In other words, if you have a product page, and wish to show rich results for that product, place the Rich Results widget in the body of that product page, and not in the header or footer.
If you wish to have certain pages on your site not indexed by Google, you will need to place widgets on each page you would like indexed, omitting them from the pages you don’t. Do not place them in the header or footer in this case.
When a widget is placed on a page, you will see a placeholder for the widget. The placeholders will be seen in the editor and previews, however, they will not be seen when your site is published.
Let’s take a look at the individual widgets:
GOOGLE TAG MANAGER
- Open the widget option panel.
- This simple widget only requires one input: the Google Container ID.
- Click the Google Tag Manager link in the bottom of the widget to acquire your Container ID. If you haven’t yet set up Google Tag Manager, you will need to run through the simple registration process in order to be assigned a Container ID.
- Your Container ID is shown in the top menu of your account area, as well as in the “Install Google Tag Manager” pop-up window.
- Copy the ID and paste it in the “Google Container ID” field in the widget option panel.
- Open the widget option panel.
- Use the Business Type dropdown to select the most applicable business types. Note that the range of business types are the selections that Google offers.
- Enter all applicable information into the Identity, Location and Contact sections.
- Use the “Structured Data Testing Tool” link at the bottom of the widget option panel to validate that your data has been embedded into your site correctly. Note that the site must be published in order for the data to be properly embedded into your site HTML.
Rich Results allow you to specify specific data to appear in Google search results. Learn more about Rich Results here.
There are Rich Results categories, set by Google. More categories will become available over time. Without Code offers Rich Results for Articles and Products, as separate widgets.
- Select either the Article Rich Results widget, or the Product Rich Results widget, and drag the widget from the library and drop it onto your page. This widget should be placed in the body of an applicable individual page, and not the master page. The widget itself can be placed anywhere in the body. You will see a placeholder in the editor and in previews, though the placeholder will not be seen when your site is published.
- The setup process is the same for both widgets. Fill out all applicable fields, pertaining to your article or product.
While these widgets assist in implementing several Google SEO tools, this is just the beginning of SEO optimization. Ranking highly in search results involves many factors beyond the scope of this documentation. We suggest reserching SEO optimization to improve search rankings.