Before reading the 1and1 hosting set up specifics, first read how to set up your custom domain for an overview of hosting setup.
Note: creating a CNAME record in 1and1 disables MX records. If you use this domain host for your mail servers, you will have to transfer the domain to a different host.
CNAME records can only be configured for a subdomain when using 1and1 services, so you must first create a subdomain.
- First, login and select the Domains Tab
- Under My Domains, select “Manage domains”
- Locate the proper domain and click “Create Subdomain”
- Create your subdomain
Note: if you get an error saying the subdomain is unavailable, you may have already created it. Contact 1and1 support for more info.
Once you’ve created the subdomain, enter the My Domains page and click the “DNS” tab.
Select “Add Record” and enter the appropriate settings:
- Type: CNAME
- Host Name: enter the subdomain
- CNAME record destination: s.multiscreensite.com
- Select TTL from the dropdown
Click save and a CNAME will be created. Your domain is now linked up!
Note: domain setting propagation may take up to 48 hours; do not make any changes to the settings within this period.